I am proud of my life-long career in public education - especially the 25 years I spent as a teacher. For over 20 years, I have worked with school districts, state DOEs, leading educational organizations and companies to improve the quality of teaching and learning. I provide training and consulting services across the United States and internationally.
Free DBQ iBook: Close Reading Plus Essential Question
Critique and Evaluate PRIMARY SOURCES / Guiding CCSS PROMPTS
Analyze Propaganda: Think Critically About Persuasive Multi-Media Sources
Today's Top 12 Posts
- A Taxonomy of Reflection: Critical Thinking For Students, Teachers, and Principals (Part 1)
- iOS 4 Update: Lost All Your Contacts on Your iPhone? Here’s How To Get Them Back
- 18 CCSS Literacy Strategies for Struggling Readers – Defining, Summarizing and Comparing
- Use Haiku Deck to Build Academic Vocabulary
- Lost All Your Contacts on iPhone? Here’s How to Get Them Back
- The Reflective Student: A Taxonomy of Reflection (Part 2)
- How to Teach Summarizing: A Critical Learning Skill for Students
- Teacher-Led Professional Development: Eleven Reasons Why You Should be Using Classroom Walk Throughs
- The Reflective Teacher: A Taxonomy of Reflection (Part 3)
- Using Apple Keynote with TurningPoint Audience Response System
- How-To Tips for Working With iBooks Author
- Master Common Core Skills with Free DBQ iBook
- David Foster Wallace on Water and the Value of Education (1)
- → Suzanne: Thank you for sharing. I found truth and delight in that much needed message.
- Turn Your Students into Data-Driven Decision Makers (3)
- → Amie: Peter, your blog is fascinating – thank you. I appreciate your dedication to learning and...
- Think Like a Historian: Close Reading at the Museum (4)
- Why Do Teachers Ask Questions They Know the Answers To? (2)
- → James Turner: Because it is safer, taught in teaching courses, and requires no thinking or creativity....
- Watch Problem Based Learning in Action: Apollo 13 (10)
- → Sarah Brown: I have a question. According to the film what problem solving strategy is used? means-end...
- Selling Sleeping Pills – Common Core and Close Reading (6)
- Master Common Core Skills with Free DBQ iBook (2)
- → Glen Warren: Peter, Wondering about your take on the changing role of the teacher librarian?
- iOS 4 Update: Lost All Your Contacts on Your iPhone? Here’s How To Get Them Back (50)
- → Martha: Hi! I have a iPhone 4S. For some reason (unknown to me), I lost all of my contacts . I did not have an...
- Commentary (147)
- Ed Policy (38)
- Ed Tech (118)
- Events (45)
- Guest post (17)
- History / DBQ's (49)
- How To (93)
- Leadership (50)
- Literacy (52)
- PD (45)
- Presentations (53)
- Projects (13)
- Publishing (40)
- Reflection (38)
- Social Web (36)
- Strategies (119)
- Students (86)
- Teachers (58)
- Visualizations (67)
- Web 2.0 (60)