iPDX14 Session Preview: Getting Started with iBooks Author
I'll be teaching "Getting Started with iBooks Author" a two hour workshop at the integratEd / #iPDX14 conference in Portland OR. (Feb 27 - 10:30-12:30) Here's your chance to see how easy it is for students and teachers to create multi-touch iBooks using iBA. We'll demonstrate the key steps in designing an iBook that can be published to iTunes or shared as iBooks files. To effectively participate you will need to bring:
- A Mac loaded with iBooks Author. If you are running Mavericks, you will be able to preview your iBook on you Mac. If you are not running Mavericks, you may wish to bring an iPad and connector to preview you work.
- Content you’d like to work with (text files, images jpg or png, Keynote decks, video m4v, audio m4a).
- You’ll learn efficient workflow strategies for creating and sharing your own multi-touch iBook. You'll leave with a demonstration iBook and the confidence to keep going.
I've created a 20-page guide that will give you a quick start to creating your own interactive iBook using iBooks Author. If you're attending #iPDX14, download it in advance and we'll flip my workshop. Free at iTunes Sections include:
- An interactive tour of the program’s main window.
- Widget sampler with examples and settings for all native iBooks Author widgets
- Tips and tricks for designing your iBook and managing your work flow.
My blog posts tagged iBooks Author
Looking for inspiration? Download one of my iBooks at iTunes
Here's a few useful links for content:
Library of free interactive widgets at Bookry
Creative Commons Image Search
Internet Archive Search for videos, audio and images.
For more iBooks Author how to tips - see my free guide on Scoop it Publishing with iBooks Author.